Certain “health care provider” licensees (defined below) who currently hold a “lapsed,” “expired,” or “inactive” Montana license may choose to renew/reactivate their licenses as they would under regular circumstances or may apply for a temporary permit under the Governor’s Directive for Easing Licensing Requirements for Health Care Providers During the Emergency (effective April 21, 2020).
If the licensee chooses a temporary permit, the permit will issue without fee or demonstration of recent continuing education, certification, or competency evaluation.
Temporary permits issued under the Directive cannot be renewed and are valid until rescission of Executive Orders 2-2020 and 3-2020.
The Department and Board reserve the right to revoke a temporary permit for unprofessional conduct.
If the licensee chooses to renew or reactivate a license in the customary manner, the licensee must pay the regular fees and demonstrate recent continuing education, certification, or competency evaluation. Renewed and reactivated licenses are subject to all normal and customary requirements set forth in Title 37 and board rule.
“Health care providers” include persons engaged in an occupation or profession that requires licensure through the following Montana licensing boards:
Behavioral Health, Clinical Laboratory Science Practitioners, Medical Examiners, Nursing, Nursing Home Administrators, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy Examiners, Psychologists, Radiologic Technologists, Respiratory Care Practitioners, Sanitarians, and Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Instructions for Applying Online:
- Visit the EBiz online licensing portal to begin the reactivation process with your existing account information. Click here if you need instructions on creating a new account.
- Select new “New Health Care License” when starting your license application.
- From the “COVID19 Emergency Applications” license type, select the “Emergency Healthcare Reactivation” option.
- Please have your full Montana Professional License number available at the time of application, we will be asking you for this number. If you don’t know your full license number, you can use the License Search tool to find it by searching by your first and last name.
- If you have questions, email us at DLIBSDHELP@MT.GOV