The State of Montana Building Codes Bureau has been approved to perform installation inspections on HUD structures across the state. To obtain an inspection, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. The Installer must notify the Bureau when the project is complete and ready for inspection in order to arrange for a State Building Inspector to visit the project location. A project is considered ready when the unit is set and all inspection items listed on the HUD 309 form have been completed. Completing a HUD 309 Inspection Application and submitting it to the Bureau via mail, email, or fax will fulfill this notification requirement. The State Building inspector will have a window of 10 days from the notification date to perform the inspection.
2. Once the application has been processed, the inspection fees will be invoiced, and the invoice will be mailed out and emailed to the Installer listed on the HUD 309 Inspection Application. The fees will need to be paid prior to the inspection being scheduled. The fees can be paid online at buildingpermits.mt.gov, or by mailing in a check, or by calling the office at (406) 841-2056 to pay by credit card.
3. The State Building Inspector will contact the Installer directly and schedule an inspection that is convenient for both.
4. When the State Building Inspectors meets with the Installer, he will be looking for details on how the project was constructed and will be going through a check list to either accept or reject the project based on the information that has been provided by the installer and visually inspecting the items listed on the HUD 309 form.
5. When the inspection passes, a HUD 309 form will be signed by the Bureau and then mailed/emailed to the Installer.
6. If the HUD 309 Inspection fails, the Installer will be required to start the process over again from step 1 of this outline.
If you have any questions about this inspection process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (406) 841-2056